References to "IOP" mean the Institute of Physics and/or IOP Publishing as appropriate. References to "this website" are to the specific IOP website from which the user is linking to this Disclaimer.
- This Disclaimer contains important information specifically about your use of this website. Please read it carefully. Whilst IOP takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, the contents are provided 'as is' and only for general information purposes and you are recommended to carry out your own verification of any such information. This Disclaimer was last updated on 29 July 20 January 2011
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IOP disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on this website and does not guarantee that this website will be fault free
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the Internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted onto this website, any liability that IOP may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access this website, or from any use of this website or reliance on data transmitted using it, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall IOP be liable for any loss of profit, data, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of this website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law
- Whilst IOP makes every reasonable effort to check and test material at all stages of production, it recommends that users run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from this website. IOP makes no warranty that the contents of this website are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and it cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to a user's data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website
- The information provided by IOP on this website is not in any way an invitation or recommendation of any course or institution or to buy any products or services featured and users should seek appropriate independent advice
- No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on this website or on other websites to which its pages are linked, implies any approval or warranty as to their standing or capability on the part of IOP. In addition, IOP accepts no liability for any goods or services provided by third party suppliers